Friday, April 3, 2020

***PLEASE READ: PRE-SPRING BREAK ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR ALL and REMINDERS FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL CLASS

ATTENTION EVERYONE IN ALL KRIEGER'S COURSES (1st/2nd/4th blocks) PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENTS/REMINDERS (and sorry this update is so late; family comes first, y'all!) BELOW:

*******
FIRST, ALL
HAPPY FRIDAY BEFORE SPRING BREAK (Mon. 4/6-Fri. 4/10)!!

**UCHS admin. and I would also like for us to remind you that WE WILL RESUME ONLINE LEARNING MONDAY 4/13, as we have for the past three weeks--*see* you then with the usual reminder texts, emails, and an assignment POSTED HERE FOR THAT DAY, MON. 4/13!


NEXT, ALL
Please be aware that you MUST KEEP UP with your online learning (and perhaps CATCH UP NOW!) in order to PASS THE COURSE YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN. We have FIVE MORE WEEKS after break that we'll continue doing what we're doing now, and we know extenuating/tough circumstances are happening, BUT, as I've posted on this blog a dozen times before now, and I'll do it again here...
  • Those of you who owe me work, are struggling with online learning/format, need my help (PLEASE ASK!!!!!!!--ask those who HAVE contacted me--I'm pretty sure they'll tell you I've been pretty helpful :) ), now is your chance to get back on track before you are PAINFULLY BEHIND! 
  • PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL/TEXTS/MESSAGES/THIS BLOG DAILY!!! CLEAR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN Y'ALL AND ME--and vice versa--IS KEY IN THIS ALL WORKING WELL! :) 
  • ALSO REMEMBER PATIENCE WITH ME AND TECHNOLOGY! 
    • AND DO. NOT. HESITATE. to get in touch with me if you have questions, concerns, needs, etc.; I cannot help you if I do not know what's going on/how to help

    ***AGAIN: CLEAR, CONSISTENT COMMUNICATION IS KEY!***

IN ADDITION, ALL:
Per Principal Hussion, posted here is the UCHS *official* MEMO (for now) RE: 2020 GRADUATION; many of you have already read this via social media/email/etc., but nonetheless, here it is again; PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SO AS TO DISPEL ANY RUMORS YOU MAY HAVE HEARD:
FINALLY, ALL:
Here are a few MEMES and POWERFUL IMAGES from the past week to get you *laughing and thinking* as we begin our much-needed break; enjoy, then SCROLL ON DOWN TO YOUR RESPECTIVE CLASS FOR THE UPDATES/REMINDERS SPECIFIC TO YOUR CLASS!





SOMEONE MAKE THIS CAKE.



...and finally, here are a few pieces of SERIOUS VISUAL RHETORIC...
Thank you, healthcare workers!

One more time; say it with me: THANK YOU, HEALTHCARE WORKERS!

************************************

1st/2nd AP LANG/ENG 1102

**ATTENTION EVERYONE IN AP LANG/ENG 1102:

Use the CHECKLIST BELOW to make sure you're clear on what's going on/what to expect when you RETURN FOR ONLINE *CLASS* on MON. 4/13!

  • Have I completed my "THANK YOU/GRATITUDE" EXPRESSIONS TASK Krieger assigned yesterday (honor system/don't need to see them)? **IF NOT, PLEASE DO THAT**
  • Do I know where to locate/have access to the following for after break?:
    • my AP/1102 CLASS BINDER
    • the paperback copy of OGE Krieger assigned before we left school on FRI. 3/13
    • the paperback copy of Adichie's novel Americanah I was assigned the wk before we left 
  • Do I understand that we have approximately FOUR (4) weeks left in YHC ENG1102 and FIVE (5) weeks left in UCHS AP LANG in which I will receive grades for various online assignments **and** Hangouts sessions I MUST ATTEND in order to receive credit?
  • If I'm taking AP LANGUAGE for COURSE CREDIT and (*optionally) *taking the AP LANG EXAM, do I understand the following BASIC pieces of info that the College Board released yesterday/today? (*you may have received this info via email as well!):
SCHEDULE FOR ALL 2020 AT-HOME AP EXAMS posted here; however, the AT-HOME AP LANGUAGE/COMP. EXAM will take place at 2pm on WEDNESDAY MAY 20, 2020; **the MAKE-UP AT-HOME AP LANGUAGE/COMP. EXAM will take place at NOON on THURSDAY JUNE 4, 2020; we'll talk LOTS more about all this after break!

HELPFUL BASIC INFO REGARDING EXAM FORMAT/LAYOUT/DATES; READ!

HELPFUL/BASIC INFO RE: AT-HOME TESTING/EXAM SECURITY MEASURES; READ!!
  • DO I UNDERSTAND THAT THE 45min. AT-HOME AP LANG EXAM WILL CONSIST OF ONE FREE-RESPONSE QUESTION (FRQ): RHETORICAL ANALYSIS (RA)? ***practice to come.... :)
    • ***and even if I'm NOT TAKING THE EXAM (*but still receiving credit for the AP LANG course), do I understand that after break, I'll still be participating in the AP EXAM FRQ RA PRACTICE?  
  • If I'm receiving credit for YHC ENG1102 ONLY, do I understand that I'll still be completing assignments (writing, reading, journals, etc.) with our course assigned novel (Americanah) and other misc. tasks, readings, etc.?

*********************
...AND WITH THAT, AP/1102 FOLKS, YOU'RE DONE! I'll *see* you all MON. 4/13 for an assignment posted/explained here first thing RE: the President Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal and analyzing two of his messages/speeches for valid arguments AND logical fallacies--woohoo!





4th Pre-AP American Lit./Comp.

**ATTENTION EVERYONE IN HONORS AMLIT./COMP.:

Use the CHECKLIST BELOW to make sure you're clear on what's going on/what to expect when you RETURN FOR ONLINE *CLASS* on MON. 4/13!
  • Have I completed my "THANK YOU/GRATITUDE" EXPRESSIONS TASK Krieger assigned yesterday (honor system/don't need to see them)? **IF NOT, PLEASE DO THAT**
  • Do I know where to locate/have access to the following for after break?:
    • my HONORS AMLIT. COURSE BINDER 
    • paperback copy of The Road I've been using the past few weeks
  • Do I understand that we have approximately FIVE (5) weeks left in UCHS AP LANG in which I will receive grades for various online assignments **AND** Hangouts sessions I MUST ATTEND IN ORDER TO RECIEVE CREDIT?
  • Is there any assignment I need to catch up on from the past three weeks/turn in? And if so, have I communicated with Mrs. Krieger about that?
  • Going in to break, have I completed reading in The Road through pp. 204? If not, PLEASE DO SO
    • For an important assignment coming up the week of Mon. 4/13 (**NO NEED TO ANSWER NOW, BUT POST-ITS MAY HELP!!!) as we finish up our reading in The Road, can I answer the following questions about the reading from approx. pp. 162-184:
      • Who is ELY, and how do the man and his son meet him? How do they interact with him.
      • How old is Ely? How do you know this answer? **CHOOSE TEXT EVIDENCE TO SHOW THIS.
      • Describe the man's reaction to, and attitude toward, Ely. What are his concerns about the old man?
      • How about the boy--how does he react toward Ely?
      • By that same token, how does ELY REACT TO THE BOY? **CHOOSE TEXT EVIDENCE TO SHOW THIS.
      • Does Ely believe in God? Even with this answer, does the old man ever seem to contradict himself? **CHOOSE TEXT EVIDENCE TO SHOW THIS.
      • How does Ely help to define the world which they now inhabit? **CHOOSE TEXT EVIDENCE TO SHOW THIS.
      • **Finally, ELY could symbolize an Old Testament Prophet. **BONUS FOR AFTER BREAK for looking up/researching this reference McCarthy may have included here, and why.

*********************
...AND WITH THAT, HONORS AMLIT. FOLKS, YOU'RE DONEI'll *see* you all MON. 4/13 for an assignment first thing RE: posted on USATESTPREP (more info TBA) and continuing with the questions above RE: this week's reading in THE ROAD

No comments: