Monday, August 13, 2018

HW DUE TUES. 8/14

1st British Lit./Comp.

HW DUE TUES. 8/14:

USING YOUR ROUGH DRAFT with my comments/edits/etc., REVISE AND COMPLETE YOUR FINAL DRAFT (fully complete, typed or written, MLA STYLE GUIDELINES) of PERSONAL REFLECTIVE ESSAY #1

PROMPT: How have you changed since 9th grade?  Consider academic habits, personal goals, relationships, traits you value in friends, family life, how you spend your free time, important lessons you've learned since then.  

WRITING GUIDELINES/CHECKLIST FOR YOUR FINAL GRADE:

 
__Is my essay 300-400+ (minimum) words?

__Have I included ONE favorite quote, song lyric, aphorism/saying, cliche, etc. in my essay and attributed it correctly?
__Did I use the two personal essay models given in class as a 'guide' for writing
__Did I use 1st-person singular (or plural); am I honest and open, yet keep my tone/voice semi-formal?
__Did I use multi-paragraphs to help my writing flow/stay organized
__Did I keep PASSIVE VOICE to a minimum ('70-30 rule')

__**DID I MAKE/IMPLEMENT THE CHANGES KRIEGER SUGGESTED/EDITED FOR ME ON MY DRAFT FROM CLASS FRI. 8/10 or MON. 8/13?
__**DID I FOLLOW ALL THE BASICS OF MLA STYLE, double-spaced, typed or written?

**AND THE "PRINTED COPY FROM HOME" BONUS POINTS TOWARD YOUR FINAL GRADE APPLY TO THIS FINAL DRAFT AS WELL FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PROVIDE ME WITH A PRINTED COPY; otherwise, THIS FINAL DRAFT IS SUBMITTED MLA-STYLE written in PEN or shared with me via your email!!** 


2nd/3rd Pre-AP American Lit./Comp.         

HW DUE TUES. 8/14:

In the WRITING SECTION of your binder, complete the "PRACTICE 10: TRANSITIONAL WORDS" sheet [FRONT OF SHEET!]: 

--if you were assigned #1 today, rewrite and add transitions to para. #1
--if you were assigned #2 today, rewrite and add transitions to para. #2
**then EVERYONE rewrite and add transitions to PARA. #3!!!**

**so....you will come to class tomorrow Tues. 8/14 with TWO PARAGRAPHS rewritten with added transitions
--be prepared to share your improvements/additions in class tomorrow for weekly CCR/participation points!!
***************

**ATTENTION: We'll come back to your F451 Lit. Analysis Ext. Para. DRAFTS tomorrow as I meet with you for revision/to add my comments/suggestions to your responses

No comments: